Sunday, July 10, 2016

Fabulous French Lilac roll top desk



I started a recent habit and knew immediately when I saw this piece that I had to share it with anyone interested in my finished prize.  I have always wanted to start blogging I have many interests.  This restyled Roll top is the most recent diamond in the rough . I found this piece at an  Anchorage Salvation Army at 50% off which I paid 31 dollars and some change for. I should have taken into account that it weighs as much is I probably do or darn near close before I took it home.

Hope Lorena's photo.

After getting the desk moved from mid Anchorage to Chugiak, Alaska, I had left it for a couple of weeks while I finished a rifle cabinet that I started a week prior to finding this..  So, three weeks later I decided to get working on this as the brown makes me cringe. I used French Lilac spray paint in Satin to cover the roll cover and the insides of the drawers.. 

As you can see I have help to screw the re finished hardware back together, 5 year old's are so spunky you can get them to do anything if it looks fun.  I was originally going to replace the hardware, yet, when I sprayed 2 coats of brushed nickel paint on them they were just too pretty and provincial to let go. 

After all of the imagination and help from a very spry 5 year old this piece is done, It is so uplifting to look at, I am So happy with it. Also, I bought the very sturdy chair for $5 I took the seat off and added some left over new carpet padding to it (cheap fix), flipped the wood base over as it had a bow in it. I re stapled some tweed material over the padding that I had leftover from a project that I never finished a year ago.   I want to thank you for taking the time to look at my first blog.

Hope and Avi

6 comments:

  1. Your eye for color is incredible! I saw that roll top I knew how heavy it was! Hope to heck you didn't have to bring it upstairs! Your creativity is inspiring… I seem to be slowing down on these kinds of projects… And it makes my heart full of joy to watch you enjoy the same things I do!
    You are indeed a multi talented woman!
    Beautiful, intelligent, creative and best of all and amazing mother… Even including your child on the projects when most moms wouldn't have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, Note to self: make sure you can lift the next project alone. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Love the roll top. Gorgeous and high five for the sweet 5 year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Thank you so much for reading and responding.

      Delete
  3. Looks great! I can't wait to see what you have in store next. What's the process from start to finish? Remove hardware, sand, paint and then add hardware?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, that's really pretty much it, I'm so glad you like it. The hardest part is matching colors.

    ReplyDelete